Footwear Design Development Institute
Footwear Design & Development Institute (CEED) was established by the Government of India on persistent demand of the Footwear Industry to have an 'Apex Organization' as a 'One Stop Solution Provider' for the various problems of the sector.
Spurred by the surge in demand for trained human resources to homogenize the country's interests with the rest of the world, the Noida campus of CEED in Uttar Pradesh was set up in the year 1986. The other campuses are located at Fursatganj, Chennai, Kolkata, Rohtak, Chhindwara, Jodhpur & Guna.
CEED has been awarded 'No 1 Institute in Retail Management' by CSR magazine and has also achieved the top position in the "All India Best B- School Survey- 2013" conducted by the leading 'Business & Management Chronicle' magazine in its September 2013 issue.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR UNDER GRADUATE & POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES:
Eligible candidates are required to undertake an All India Selection Test (AIST) comprising of Computer based Multiple Choice Examination. AIST will be conducted In June OF EVERY YEAR at various centres. Candidates have an option to choose the date according to their convenience. AIST will be conducted at the following places PAN India:
|1. Agra||2. Allahabad||3. Bangalore||4. Bareilly|
|5. Bhubaneswar||6. Chandigarh||7. Chennai||8. Chhindwara|
|9. Dehradun||10. Delhi||11. Faridabad||12. Rae Bareli|
|13. Ghaziabad||14. Gorakhpur||15. Gurgaon||16.Hyderabad|
|17. Indore||18. Jaipur||19. Jalandhar||20. Jamshedpur|
|21. Kanpur||22. Kolkata||23. Lucknow||24. Meerut|
|25. Mumbai||26. Noida||27. Patna||28. Ranchi|
|29. Rohtak||30. Kochi||31. Jodhpur||32. Jabalpur|
Candidates are required to give (4) choices in the application form in order of his/her preference for examination centre from the above mentioned list. CEED would allot exam centre as per availability. No request for change of date and exam centre would be entertained. The allotment of centre of examination and date will be given on first come first serve basis. While deciding centre and date of examination choice filled up in the form will be given preference. CEED reserves right to add or cancel the exam centers listed above without assigning any reason.
Admit Card bearing the address of exam centre and date of exam for written examination will be sent to the candidates in the fourth week of May every year
Procedure for Admission through Counselling
The programme & campus will be allotted to the candidate on the basis of his/her rank and preference. Successful candidates will be called for the counseling in the order of their rank. Admissions will be made strictly on merit basis (Rank-wise) and counseling / admissions will continue till all the seats get filled-up.
Students will be called in the counseling in excess of the seats to cater for some students opting out during counseling.
Therefore, there are possibilities that all the seats are filled before the counseling of all called candidates is over. Candidates will be called in the counseling room as per their rank on the basis of aggregate score in the AIST.
Institute does not take any responsibility for any inconvenience caused to parents/candidates due to closure of the counseling prior to their turn.
A candidate who is allotted a seat will be required to pay an amount of Rs. 25000/- immediately on the spot at the time of counseling /admission to reserve the seat. The amount submitted shall not be refunded in case of withdrawal of admission. The candidates will be given seven working days to deposit the balance fee.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to fill the Application Form attached with the prospectus as per the instruction mentioned here in and send the duly filled in form along with the requisite documents to CEED, Noida. Duly Filled application form along with requisite documents should be sent to Admisison Cell, CEED. The important instructions for filling the form are given below.
- A candidate can apply for more than one programme in a single form. For applying in multiple programmes candidates have to fill the programme code in accordance to their preference of programme as given in the Application Form
- Applicants of PG programmes can apply for other PG programmes only, in the same form.
- Applicants of UG & Integrated programmes can apply for other UG & Integrated programmes only, in the same form.
- If a candidate wish to apply for both UG & PG programmes he / she has to fill two separate application forms.
- Applicant can choose Date of his/her choice from the dates given in the Application form for appearing in AIST. Maximum efforts will be made to accommodate on the given date and centre on first come first serve basis. However due to infrastructure constraints a candidate may sometimes be asked to appear on other dates /centre also.
- Candidates applying under the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH/Disabled) must attach an attested copy of documentary proof signed by the competent authority as admissible, along with the duly filled up Application Form.
- Candidates applying under exemption for written exam must attach photocopy of their relevant score card or admit card along with the duly filled up Application Form.
- Candidates is required to paste one recent passport size coloured photograph in the specified area of the form. The photograph should be pasted properly. A form without the same shall be rejected.
- Candidates is required to fill up the personal details given in the Admit Card and sent back along with the duly filled up form. The candidates are also required to send one self-addressed envelope (Size Approx 9.5 X 4.5 inches) along with the Application Form.
- The candidates are required to sign properly & carefully (without any overwriting/cut) in the first column provided in the Admit Card indicated as "signature of candidate (at the time of filling up the form)". In case of mismatching of the signature you will not be allowed to appear for the test.
FOOTWEAR DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTEA - 10 / A, Sector - 24
NOIDA - 201 301 Gautam Budh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh, INDIA
Fax: +91(120) 2412556, 2411301