A key component for the preparation for any exam is understanding the paper pattern and style. For all fashion enthusiasts slogging before the NIFT (National Instituted of Fashion Technology) entrance exam, here is a complete guide to test's question paper style.
The entrance test consists of two main components: Creative Aptitude Test and General Aptitude Test. The General Aptitude Test consists of objective type questions with one mark for every correct answer and negative marks of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
Creative Aptitude Test:
The test focuses on judging intuition skill, power of observation, innovation in development of a concept and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
General Aptitude Test:
1) Quantitative Ability: It consists of questions on addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, rate of interest, work and task, ratio and proportion, and distance.
2) Communication Ability: It is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases and correct spellings.
3) English Comprehension: It requires understanding and answering questions regarding a specific passage.
4) Analytical Ability: It is designed to test the candidate's inference and logic ability from given information.
5) General Knowledge and Current Affairs is based on recent events and general knowledge.
6) Case Study: This test uses a situation to evaluate your style of response to discern your managerial ability