Parisian fashion is about chic & grandeur.
Cultural Influences: Paris has always been the fashion capital of the world. The aristrocacy forwarded the fashions, since fashion was coined as a term & even before. France has been about heritage, the population(mostly) is of native French people, having the similar mind set of being the trend setters. Fashion has always been an important part of the country’s cultural life & society, and the French are well known for their attention of dressing-up well. The classy impression, remains traditional in the French way of living.
PARIS: Paris has been ruling fashions since ever. The modern "haute couture" originated in Paris in the 1860s. The city serves as headquarters to some of the biggest fashion houses such as ‘Pierre Cardin’, ‘Chanel’, ‘Chloe’, ‘Givenchy’, etc. Paris stands synonymous with ‘luxury’.The Parisians look at themselves as peacocks & want to dress up their best.
KARL LAGERFIELD: Karl Lagerfeld is the master of reinvention, having repeatedly transformed himself as well as his labels. He is currently the creative director of Chanel, Fendi and his eponymous label. Fond of the typically perceived fit bodies to be beautiful, Lagerfield says fashion is the healthiest motivation for losing weight. Lagerfield is a man who likes the old ways, he says "I don't use cell phones. I read, I write, I love faxes, I like to take notes. I hate to be on the phone, I think it's an intrusion. I'm reading, I'm sketching, I don't want to be interrupted,". With Lagerfield, we always see new things as doing the same over & over is not in his nature. This Cartesian mind has hatched a caustic, ultramodern, highly structured style, with an allure and a manner that emerges through graphic symbols that havebecome his unequivocal hallmarks.
KEY FEATURES: Paris/Karl Lagerfield
- A lot of revival of old styles, yet in an altogether new face.
- A bold statement. Parisian fashion is never subdued or simple.
- An element of power dressing to the clothes.
- Extravagance in dressing, even if its simple; it will catch your eyes through something!
- “My dresses are a statement of who I am”. That is the statement from Paris.
- The girlish charm always remain en vogue!
- An important component is the black, the LBD or the black suit; made famous by Sir Lagerfield.