Milan fashion is about textiles
, tailoring & men’s fashion.
Cultural Influences: Italy being a European country, takes its style influences from the French culture. We see a rather tradition styles here. Though the fashions are formal & expensive, Italy soon emerged as a shopping destination, which sold both elegant and everyday clothes, sportswear & footwear. Known for its perfection & preciseness, Italy is also known for its men’s fashion styles & tailoring.
MILAN: The city gave its name from the English word "milaner" or "millaner" meaning fine wares like jewellery, cloth, hats and luxury apparel. Being one of the major cities of Italy, Milan is the country's salient economic and industrial powerhouse. Milanese fashion, despite taking inspiration from the leading Parisian couture of the time, developed its own approach, which was by nature devoted to sobriety, simplicity and the quality of the fabric. Milan became especially popular for it ‘pret-a-porter’ category.
DOLCE & GABBANA:
Dolce & Gabbana is another fashion label with a wide range of multitudes. The brand is present everywhere: clothes, fragrances, magazines, make-up, jewellery, magazine, eye wear, restaurant. Dolce & Gabbbana is a world made up of sensations, traditions, culture and a Mediterranean nature. They know how to interpret and impose their sensual and unique style on a world-wide basis. They design for the strong, who know themselves & who are yet close to their roots. Sexy as well as powerful, is how they define their clients.
KEY FEATURES: Milan / Dolce & Gabbana
- Sheer clothes, revealing the lingerie, showcasing the powerful woman she is.
- Garments with an added feature in the form of fastenings/prints/textiles/surfaces,etc.
- A lot of use of graphics & prints.
- Collections emphasising the celebration of the curvaceous female form.
- Designs that are adapted from the feminist-era, before being glamorised and modernised.
- Their style can be reinterpreted as “sweet and sharp” and “New Millennium cool”.
- A combination of contrasting features.
- Rustic charm combined with gentle-manly styles.
- A special intrest towards menswear.
- An eye for detail, be it structures suits or extravagant gowns.