While choosing to study design, many of us have this basic question of where to do it from? Study in India or abroad. Design study in both the places is quiet different.
- They are technologically very advance, hence, a lot of work done outside is graphic based and with the latest machinery.
- Outside India, people are very punctual with everything! Including work. They work well in advance and late work is not at all accepted.
- They also work with a lot of cleanliness. They do not believe in littering the remaining scrapes.
- They do not follow the “chalta hai” attitude. Perfection is expected.
- Abroad, minimalism is liked. Not that minimalism is less time consuming. Infact, at times, such work is equally or even more difficult to do.
- There, the colour palette comprises of soft pastels. Not very bright colours are liked as in India.
- Also, different nations have different common colours and have different meanings associated with those colours. For Eg: In India, Red is the bridal colour, while in the U.S.A, it is white, which is a mourning colour in India.
- Design study In India, people prefer hand-done work more. We have an abundance of skilled workers and a natural liking towards detailed work.
- Here too deadlines are important. Since in the design field, time is all that matter. You are late in your conscinments, and your products sell in sales.
- Here everything is extravagant. We like exaggerated work.
- India is a land of bright colours, thus, we see a lot of bright shades everywhere and in all sorts of work.
- In India too, We derive our own meanings of colours.
Study in both the places has its own pluses and minuses, but we cannot say that study in India is better or abroad. Both places follow their own styles and have their own exposures. You can decide for yourself as to which one is your forte and which one you like more.